[mythtv-users] Finding an IR blaster, really that hard?

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 13:24:13 UTC 2010

I've already read these two pages in the Wiki, but I'm still as confused as
before. Jarod always seems to recommend MCE remotes on the list, but in
searching for one online it's nearly impossible to find an original MS
remote, and I am not clear on which, if any of these other brands support
blasting.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Using_an_IR_Blaster_with_MythTV
<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Using_an_IR_Blaster_with_MythTV>
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MCE_Remote

<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MCE_Remote>I already have Snapstream Firefly RF
remotes for my front ends, but I need to add a blaster for the new HDPVR
that's on it's way. From reading the list, it seems like the one that's
built in isn't very stable. I like the guys at Iguana Works, but I don't
want to recompile LIRC just to get their blaster to work. I'm looking for
something that will work out of the box with Ubuntu and MythTV and not
interfere with my Fireflys.
Twitter - http://twitter.com/dbrieck
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/david.brieck
Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/brieck