[mythtv-users] .24 Audio results: mixed

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Fri Jun 25 06:36:28 UTC 2010

On 06/24/2010 11:09 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 25 June 2010 15:17, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> I've got a new bug for you:
>> I selected "ALSA:surround71:CARD=Intel,DEV=0"
>> but the "Speaker Configuration" dropbox only has "stereo" and "5.1" in it.
>>

>> I have already verified that all 7 speakers are working with this command:
>
> At a guess, you have AC3 or DTS checked, but you have unchecked LPCM...
>
> so as far as myth is concerned, you can only do 5.1 with it.

(I'm replying to both your recent posts in this message)

The detail that I was missing was that you can not tell from software if you are outputting analog or digital. This explains a
lot about why the menus confuse me so much.

Yes disabling AC3 and DTS and enabling LPCM/Analog enabled the 7.1 option.
I did not realize those still applied after selecting ALSA:surround71, I thought that implied analog output.

Perhaps a set of radio buttons labeled "Analog" "HDMI" "SPDIF" to let the user inform you as to what he is using would let you
disable the selections that don't make any sense.