[mythtv-users] [solved] Lirc_serial and mceusb v2

Joseph Flack jflackmd at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 25 04:10:44 UTC 2010

I spoke too quickly:

There is a problem with this line in rc.d.  I cannot use  irsend LIST "" ""
to list the remote names:

/usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc1 \ --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd1 --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd1.pid

 Comment it out, it lists the mceusb and PaceDC50X in /etc/lirc/liric.config

# ls /var/run/lirc/
lircd  lircd1.pid  lircd.pid

# ls /dev/lir*
/dev/lirc0  /dev/lirc1

Am I supposed to have a /var/run/lirc/lircd1 as on output device? Note I misspelled "pidfile" earlier had an "s" at the end) and I was able to list the remotes to list with irsend LIST "" ""