[mythtv-users] PVR 350 Capture Config Problem

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Wed Jun 23 14:31:26 UTC 2010

Mike Perkins wrote:
> Ken Smith wrote:
>>
>> Sorry this post is rather long. Is there a way to trace the calls
>> between Myth and the IVTV driver? If anyone has a PVR 350
>> configured on
>> a similar system I'd appreciate knowing what your settings are or
>> any
>> other suggestions. I've probably missed something obvious.....
>>
> I have a PVR250 (same receiver side as 350) which used to work
> perfectly well on
> 0.21 (the old story) but I took it out when I moved to 0.22 as most
> of my
> recording is now done via DVB-T.
>
> Recently I tried to bring the PVR250 back into service in order to
> capture from
> a Virgin cable box. It does so, but only in black and white :(
>
> I'm thinking that something in the driver has changed recently.

Are you using SVideo, or the RF tuner to capture from your cable
box? If using SVideo, make sure you use the correct input (off te
top of my head, I think you need "Composite 1" rather than the
apparently obvious "S-Video 1"). Using the wrong one can end up with
black & white instead of colour.

As for tuning issues, I don't use it any more, as I'm in Granada and
we've been switched over to digital now.
--
Mike Holden