[mythtv-users] Odd video playback behavior

Jason Ward jasonfward at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 17:06:36 UTC 2010

On 22 June 2010 17:43, Johnny Walker <johnnyjboss at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Jason Ward <jasonfward at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> They are accessible on the frontend at utils/setup > setup > tv
> settings > playback and then about 3 screen's in. It will say Playback
> Profiles. These are used for all content, myth recorded or not.
>
> Also when you post back here with your playback profile please include
> the brief description of your playback hardware.

It's currently set to CPU++, there is an option for VDPAU, I select the the
High Quality option just now, all that does is make the front end hang on
playback.

My hardware is ASUS EeeBox PC B202
http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=QUObl5lSRQQ3lSqJ

Model: Eee Box B202
Operating System: Genuine Windows® XP Home, GNU Linux
CPU & Chipset: Intel Atom N270 & Intel chipset
Ethernet Communication: Gbt. LAN
Memory: 1GB
Wireless Data Network WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n
Input / Output
DVI-Out / USB×4(2 in front, 2 in rear)
Headphone-out jack (SPDIF*) x 1/ MIC x 1
*S/PDIF is only compatible with Genuine Windows XP and Vista
Storage    160 GB HDD SATA II

BTW the sound works great in Linux despite what ASUS say.