[mythtv-users] Splitting a schedulesdirect lineup?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 19 14:54:44 UTC 2010

On 06/19/2010 10:39 AM, Jeff Piazza wrote:
> I just recently switched to FiOS in the Boston area, and upgraded to
> Myth 0.23 in the process.
>
> I've successfully gotten my two hdhomerun devices working on the clear
> QAM channels, mostly local broadcast.  I did a local scan in
> mythtv-setup, and edited the channels actually received to include the
> xmltv id numbers.  I have a SchedulesDirect lineup for the local
> Verizon system.
>
> Next, I want to experiment with capturing other content over FireWire
> from the QIP7100.  I've gotten as far as getting the firewire cable
> hooked up and demonstrated changing channels via firewire control.
>
> My concern is that (I think) I need to specify a separate lineup when
> I add the cable box as a new FireWire encoder, because it will (or
> should) be able to capture additional channels that the hdhomerun
> cannot.  SchedulesDirect, however, won't let me subscribe to the same
> Verizon lineup twice.
>
> Am I misunderstanding something?  Surely I'm not the first person to
> face this situation.

You need a single all-inclusive lineup, but you need a separate MythTV
video source (that uses the same lineup).  Remember, lineup does not
equal video source (and vice versa).

This is the most-efficient way of doing what you want.  Using a separate
lineup is not efficient/is not the supported approach (though many do it
that way because they haven't taken the time to learn to do it right).

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-24.html#ss24.2 for one approach
to create your lineup and video sources.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 for how
to clean up your current video sources so you can configure as described.

Mike