[mythtv-users] Mythweb lock-out

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Jun 19 14:45:08 UTC 2010

<sigh>
I mis-tpyed a standard maintenance command on my master backend server and
couldn't recover, so ended up re-installing the operating system.
</sigh>

Much to my inordinate surprise everything works, with the sole exception of
mythweb. If I try to access as previously I just get:

"You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no
index document or the directory is read-protected."

Now, it seems that the version of myth that I re-installed has had the web
permissions changed - by the packager, I presume - and I can't find in the
archives what one needs to do to fix this. I hope someone can jog my memory, my
apache-fu isn't that great (and I'm fighting indifferent health as well).

My /etc/httpd/conf/webapps.d/mythweb.conf contains:

-------------------------------
Alias /mythweb /var/www/mythweb

<Directory /var/www/mythweb>
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

There appears to be nothing else, no .htaccess file or anything.

I'm running Mandriva 2010.0 and the myth version is:

0-22-fixes [0.22-24255.1mdv2010.0]

Yes, I know that it's 0.22, but even if I upgrade to 0.23 I'm going to be facing
the same problem (and given my luck, I'd have WAF through the floor right now).
Any other Mandriva users out there with an answer?

--

Mike Perkins