[mythtv-users] .24 Audio results: mixed

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 09:04:39 UTC 2010

Hi

On 18 June 2010 17:17, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:

> Of these, PulseAudio:default would be my first choice, but this causes the front end to hang.

Oh, I remember why ...

When you start mythfrontend it suspends PulseAudio until you exist
mythfrontend (this will be fixed before 0.24 is out).
So if you switch to PulseAudio:default and start playback, the
pulseaudio server will not respond.

If changing to PulseAudio:default from previously using ALSA ; you
must exit mythfrontend and restart it.

I had changed to suspend pulse only when required, but
stopping/restarting pulse too often, made the frontend crash.. I need
to investigate why

Jean-Yves