[mythtv-users] Moving to Cablevision, involuntarily

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Jun 16 00:31:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 15:51 -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> > As far as cable company evil goes they are in the middle of the pack.
>
> I was wondering if they are like Comcast where everything they can legally encrypt is encrypted (as well as some that are
> questionable in that regard), all Firewire is locked down, etc., and it looks like all analog is going away market by
> market.

Last I checked was some time ago, but at the time it was all
encrypted on the wire except for OTA channels. There was no analog
other than a single channel telling you what phone number to call
to get a decoder box. And, firewire output was not encrypted. But
there isn't much to watch on cable television anymore so we just
have one box hooked up to a HD-PVR for recording the occasional
history channel program.

-- Daniel