[mythtv-users] anyone have AC3/DTS passthrough working with revo 1600?

OneBob onebob at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 10:04:58 UTC 2010

Hi Brian (and all)

I struggled for a long time firstly with an MSI Media Live with HDMI > SONY
LCD > SPDIF > Receiver, which equaled no go and for a long time assumed it
was the MSI not outputing 5.1.

Then I got a ZOTAC ATOM board so I could use VDPAU for the hi def stuff
properly (anything with 5.1 like Jools Holland would stutter on MSI) and
knew pretty much that a standard install of .22 should just work, but still
it didn't work, so I got a new receiver (Marantz - lovely clean sound) with
HDMI inputs, sent the new MYTH/FE into the RECEIVER via HDMI and wow 5.1 in
glorious .... well 5.1!

That was my experience so I think for whatever reason the TV would not pass
5.1 down the SPDIF?

Although I confess I've not tried using it the old way even though the SPDIF
is there for the 'live' TV sound......

HTH (this was a quick brain dump so apologies for grammar etc.,)

David

PS By the way while I'm here can I thank all of the MythTV people for a
great system

PPS  I'm about to merge my SD/BE (.19) & HD/BE (.21+) into one new one (.23)
so maybe say a little prayer for me......