[mythtv-users] Timeshifted channels

Jay alchamist at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 8 07:57:42 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I apologise if this has been asked already, but I haven't yet found an
answer.

Whenever I set a recording schedule to "Record at any time on any channel",
even if I have the duplicate detection on, I often end up with the same
program recorded twice when it is shown on a channel with a timeshifted
version as well.

e.g. A program that records on "More 4", will also record an hour later on
"More 4 +1"

The program data is set to only come from xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt

Is there any way to improve the duplicate detection or prevent this from
happening? I don't want to set it to record on only one channel, as quite
often programs are split across any of a broadcasters channels - e.g. C4,
More4, E4 etc - and obviously the timeshifted channel is sometimes handy to
avoid recording conflicts.

Jay

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and
those who don't...