[mythtv-users] Audio/Video sync trouble when watching TV recording after upgrade to MythTV .23

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Thu Jun 3 18:43:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Michael Koch <tensberg at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since upgrading from Mythbuntu 9.10/Mythtv 0.22 to 10.4/0.23, I have
> trouble with audio/video sync when watching TV recordings. The video is
> always about 400ms behind the audio. This happens for old recordings as
> well as recordings done after the update.
>
> I am using the ALSA:default output for analog output. The recordings are
> done from an analog tuner card (SAA7134-based) as well.
>
> When I play back the nuv files with vlc, the audio is in sync with the
> video, so it seems to be a playback issue. Also, It happens on both my
> main MythTV backend computer and my EeePC 901 running Ubuntu 10.4.
>
> Does anyone have similar issues or an idea on how to solve this? I've
> searched both this forum and the MythTV mailing list archives, and asked
> in the Mythbuntu forum, but found nothing which helped me.

I have always had a similar problem in 0.21, 0.22 and 0.23 - my audio
is about 160ms behind the video. I solved it by using the patch at
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6581 - it allows you to set a
"global offset" to the audio sync.
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,