[mythtv-users] Audio/Video sync trouble when watching TV recording after upgrade to MythTV .23

Michael Koch tensberg at gmx.net
Thu Jun 3 18:07:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

since upgrading from Mythbuntu 9.10/Mythtv 0.22 to 10.4/0.23, I have
trouble with audio/video sync when watching TV recordings. The video is
always about 400ms behind the audio. This happens for old recordings as
well as recordings done after the update.

I am using the ALSA:default output for analog output. The recordings are
done from an analog tuner card (SAA7134-based) as well.

When I play back the nuv files with vlc, the audio is in sync with the
video, so it seems to be a playback issue. Also, It happens on both my
main MythTV backend computer and my EeePC 901 running Ubuntu 10.4.

Does anyone have similar issues or an idea on how to solve this? I've
searched both this forum and the MythTV mailing list archives, and asked
in the Mythbuntu forum, but found nothing which helped me.

Thanks,
Michael