[mythtv-users] S-video/nvidia problems

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 16:15:39 UTC 2010

>> each time X is launched. I placed the above command in my .xinitrc
>> file just prior to my window manager being launched, and now my
>> settings are restored as desired.
>
> I tried this (and was very hopeful that it would work). I didn't have an
> .xinitrc yet, but created one containing:

As I recall, there are two 'Save' buttons in nividia-settings. I don't
have my machine in front of me to check, but you might poke around in
some of the other places and see if you can find a second Save
settings or preferences button.

Also, I think the --load-settings command must be run after X has
started but before your window manager starts. You can probably ditch
the .xinitrc thing and just slip your --load-settings command into
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc itself, so you can slot it in at the right
spot.