[mythtv-users] [RFC] HD PVR kernel driver and mythtv patches

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Mon Jul 26 20:00:07 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 05:45:41PM -0700, Alan Young wrote:
> I've been working with the HD PVR driver and mythtv for a couple of
> months now to try to figure out why it does not work well.  I've built a
> set of patches for the hdpvr kernel driver and mythtv that seem to
> address the many of the issues I've seen.  I will say up front that
> these changes make mythtv work much better for me.   I'm sending these
> changes out for comments (and if you are brave for your testing).  :-)
> The changes are not a cure all.  And I know the mythtv patch needs
> better than what I've done to it.  I still have a couple of other issues
> that need to be worked out (documented below).

Thanks for your work on the neglected driver.

I've only looked at the kernel patches and queued them at

I've changed several patches and fixed style issues, I've torn some
apart combined some to have only related changes in a single commit.

All commits with my sign-ofs are ok, please send your sign-of too after
verifying that the commit messages are ok.

"V4L/DVB: hdpvr: add error checks and debug messages to the URB callback"
is in principle ok to, but I've found a buffer handling problem during
review. My patch doesn't fix it.

I would like to avoid changing the audio input and codec defaults. using
the default_audio_input module option doesn't help?