[mythtv-users] S-video/nvidia problems

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 15:41:47 UTC 2010

> The nvidia driver does autodetection on startup.  The TV has to be on and
> the s-video cable connected when you boot the system.

I can confirm this with my NVidia 8400 GS. If S-Video is not attached
at power-on, I get no output from the card (though my TV doesn't need
to be turned on... YMMV). Also, some BIOSes have a setting to
initialize AGP or PCI video cards first -- try the other setting.

Also, I didn't have to do any X configuration -- if I boot up with no
VGA/DVI monitor connected, X just uses TV-0 automatically (possibly
because I installed the NVidia driver while S-Video was the only
connection).