[mythtv-users] Request for help with playback (recordings and video)

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 19:26:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Kenneth Emerson
<kenneth.emerson at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have been using MythTV for about four years now and my wife and I have
> become quite addicted to it. However, recently (last 3-4 months) we have
> noticed two problems with playback which may or may not be related to each
> other.  I am running trunk recently updated (25397) on an Intel Quad Core
> CPU (2.4GHz) with an NVIDIA GeForce 6600 video card and NVIDIA driver
> 190.53.  I have tried using all three VDPAU profiles with the same results.
>  Normally, I leave the profile set to VDPAU High Quality.  For the VDPAU
> High Quality, I have set the
> filter="vdpaucolorspace=auto,vdpaubuffersize=50".  I have not changed the
> filters for the two other VDPAU profiles.

I'll stop you right there.  The GeForce 6600 isn't a VDPAU capable card.
 Only the 8000+ series cards support it.  That being said, it means you're
running everything in software and on the CPU and it sounds like the specs
are up to playing back then content.  The easiest fix would be to drop a new
video card (they're not that expensive) in the system and enjoy.

Kevin