[mythtv-users] Frontend Remote Recommendations

Robert Shields rwshields at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 19:34:59 UTC 2010

Matt - That is a neat setup, maybe I'll try that not in the primetime
(girlfriend) setup.

Craig - Thanks for the info. I will continue to play with it tonight.

Since a friend of mine is about to setup WMC7 at his house, I will have an
oppurtunity in the near future to try out this remote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W5GK5C/ref=oss_product

I'll report back on that one too in case others are interested.

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds like the problem is that your remote does not send the same
> codes that the MCE remote definition file in LIRC expects.  You may
> need to look for other remote code sets that match some identifying
> characteristic of your remote (model # maybe?).  Failing that, you can
> create your own remote code definition file.  IIRC, you use IRW to
> capture codes and respond to the prompts to provide the key name for
> each code.  This results in a LIRC config file you can use.  Then you
> just have to prepare the other config file that associates those key
> names with command strings that the appropriate app understands (e.g.
> MythTV: escape key -> stop/exit, Menu key -> M, Info key -> i, etc. --
> _Do_ check for the right ones, not just take my recollections as
> gospel!) .
>
> HTH
>
> Craig.

Rob Shields