[mythtv-users] Frontend Remote Recommendations

Robert Shields rwshields at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:56:28 UTC 2010

The problem I am currently having does not involve the Logitech remote; I
just mentioned that so everyone had a sense for the overall goal I am after.

The current issue is that using the remote/IR receiver I linked in the first
post most of the buttons don't work in Myth when configured as a MCE
Remote.  The back buton, pause/play buttons don't work.

I believe I tried the MCE2 config as well.  I followed the MCE Myth Wiki and
also tried adding the remote from the Myth Control Centre UI.

When I get home I will double check I was using the MCE2 config.

Thanks for the advice and I'll get back to you once I have a chance to
investigate things more.

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tell us more about what you've tried and what the problem(s) is(are)
> with what you have.  Many Ubuntu/MythBuntu systems have working MCE
> remote/receiver combinations (including mine).
>
> Are you talking about needing to program the Harmony remote with codes
> for the various keys?  If that's the issue, the quick and dirty way to
> get 'er done is to drag out a Windoze system and use the software that
> (hopefully) came with the MCE package.
>
> If the difficulty is with getting the system (FE, I presume) to "see"
> keypresses, last I checked there was a MCE config for LIRC and an MCE2
> config.  Use the MCE2 config.
>
> Sorry I can't provide more details, just taking a break and not at
> home to look for details.  You could try the MythTV wiki and Install
> instructions, too.
>
> Hope this gets you further down the road and not sidetracked up the
> elephant steps to carleton commons.  Yeh, I went to CWRU back in the
> day.
>
> Craig.

Rob Shields
Email: rwshields at gmail.com