[mythtv-users] Hd Pvr playback jitter

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sat Jul 17 23:40:16 UTC 2010

I have a new installation of MythDora-12 (thanks again for the blaster
help), with a nasty jitter on playback.  From what I've read, it ought
to be working pretty well, but it's not, as if I've missed something
major.  Actually, I tried playing a mythtv recording with VLC Media
Player and it worked OK; the video seems to be fine.  Here's what I  have:

Video board - MSI - GeForce 8400 GS
Nvidia driver version - 195.13.15
Current Video Playback Profile - VDPAU Normal
Bitrate setting - all default (I played with them, but it didn't make
any difference)

There's a new version of the HdPvr firmware, but from the descriptions,
it didn't sound like it would help, so I haven't installed it yet.  Any
suggestions on what to look for?

PS - Here's a couple of clips I captured, but they don't jitter the same.

http://users.zoominternet.net/~dlbrett/1011_20100717180557.mpg
http://users.zoominternet.net/~dlbrett/1011_20100717183742.mpg