[mythtv-users] Backend consolidation, aborted...

Clay ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 17 06:39:48 UTC 2010

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Clay <ctmythtv at pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>> The last working config was on 8.04 MythTV 0.21, in service since it was
>> Dapper and 0.19.
>> I moved all the tuners to a single PC to save some electricity, and
>> upgraded to 10.04/0.23
>>
>> Hardware/Kernel/software... I can't see where any of these would cause the
>> tuners to stop 15-20 minutes into a recording.
>> Actually, they puked if they were recording or not.
>>

> That's pretty much the definition of hardware/driver problems in my book...

At this point, I'm hoping it's hardware. Picking up a new board tomorrow
and trying again.

> Sorry you're having problems.  This is mostly the reason my backend runs
> CentOS and I almost never upgrade the kernel.

After bjorking my master be/fe with updates a couple times, I left it
alone. Long as I did, it was trouble free for over 4 years.
Only reason I did all this was to get all my tuner cards in one box and
save a little electricity.
Well, I'm saving electricity now!
None of my mythboxes have worked for almost two weeks.
...Best laid plans.