[mythtv-users] Migrating from iso without storage groups to mkv with storage groups

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 22:27:00 UTC 2010

Just looking for a little advice on the list.  I recently added storage
groups to my combined FE/BE (avoided up to this point but really missed the
recordings eye candy).  Since iso's do not work with storage groups, I wrote
a script that used makemkvcon to convert them to mkv files.  I now have a
directory (directory name is the movie name) for each movie with one or more
mkv files in it named t00title.mkv -> tnntitle.mkv.  What is the best way to
organize my library to get the most out of MythVideo and Storage Groups
(i.e. easiest way to grab metadata and artwork and make the MythVideo
screens easy to navigate).

Thanks (in advance),

-- Ken E.