[mythtv-users] Design a low cost, dual tuner, one box solution.

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 12:21:27 UTC 2010

On 14 Jul 2010, at 11:24, barbex <barbex at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Another Sillyname
> <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think there's an Atom 330 with a Mini PCI slot and even if
>> there is is there a Dual Tuner Mini PCI card?
>
> Idon't know about Dual Tuner Mini PCI cards but as far as I know,
> DVB-T USB Sticks work quite well, and could be added as needed.

I use hypauage (sp) dual runner USB stick and it works fine for dvb
(uk) running 2 virtual tuners per physical for a total of 4.  Works
well, use less power than pci.  You get a remote and the only issue is
the cabling (USB and two aerial cables).  Minor issue is that the
remote sensor is on the USB stick so this need to hiden yet in view.

Greg