[mythtv-users] HD PVR driver version 1.5.7.0

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Jul 8 15:57:34 UTC 2010

Matt Goebel <matt at goebelnet.com> says:
> I upgraded last night.  I need to do a little more investigation but
> it appears that 5.1 audio no longer works although stereo does.

No problems with audio over S/PDIF here. In testing over the past 36
hours I've not noticed any differences from the previous
firmware. dmesg reports that it is version 0x15, not 0x12.

I've never seen the video and audio desync in two months of using the
HD-PVR, perhaps because I don't subscribe to Dish Network. I do hope
the new firmware fixes the issue in which the HD-PVR occasionally
stops responding to commands and requires a power cycle; I've seen it
happen twice in the month or so since it came back from warranty
repair.

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg
Q: "Record HD cable/satellite?" A: Hauppauge HD-PVR, $200 @ Newegg