[mythtv-users] Trunk: Recordings all vanished?

Phil Linttell phil.linttell at rogers.com
Thu Jul 8 14:24:43 UTC 2010

 I'm currently running Trunk (25279) and all my recordings have all
disappeared from "Watch Recordings", apart from one program that has
just finished recording.  I've verified that my recordings drive is
mounted, and the recordings themselves can be played from mplayer.  I've
run optimize_mythdb.pl, and restarted the back-end.... still no recordings.

The table seems to have been wiped.  The "recorded" table in mysql has
only the one, new, row in it.

Looking at "Previously Recorded" programs appears to be intact.  The
other tables appear to be fine too, as far as I can tell.   Videos,
recording rules.... all okay.

What's the best approach to recovering/re-populating the table?  The
last database backup was done about a week ago, as part of the schema
upgrade from 0.23-fixes to trunk...   do I need to restore the
database?  Or can I just use myth.find_orphans.pl to put everything back?

As for why the table disappeared...  I had a power failure last
night.... could that account for one table in a mysql database vanishing?

Thanks,
Phil