[mythtv-users] Basic questions of newb. ( Cablevision)

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Jan 31 18:28:35 UTC 2010

On 01/31/2010 09:31 AM, Misc Things wrote:
> cable companies are just pissing me off more and
> more i look into this area..

Welcome to the real world. Most of us feel that way too!

> anyway, so the key piece in your explanation is - one recording per
> tuner, one play back - per tuner.

Actually, one recording OR live session per tuner. Play back of recorded
content is completely separate from the recording (except for live tv
sessions). After a while, most of us don't watch 'live-tv' at all,
except maybe for the weather. It's all recorded content.

> And the box if i were to hook it up
> using suggested method - is a source of a single channel.
>   lovely (sarcastically)
>
> anyway around this ?

No. Unfortunately. The cheap answer is 'put up an antenna' which as you
have seen may actually not work. It depends upon where you live. Then
again, you can always move..that would be cheap!!!

Geoff