[mythtv-users] Does anyone know how to fix duff install of Avenard Resposity / NVIDIA 1.95 On Mythbuntu 9.10?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 12:06:17 UTC 2010

> Me too, even following the instructions referred above.
>
> To fix what I think I did was:
>
> Install nvidia-glx-195 (which uninstalls mythtv.)
>
> Reboot.
>
> Reinstall mythtv.
>
> Seems ok.  Please confirm if it works for you.

This is what I suspected.  As I have spent hours and hours getting
everything setup correctly I am not reinstalling.

I am leaving it as it is for the time being everything else seems to
be okay.  MythTV is updated to the latest fixes build by the looks of
things.

Whether it is using VDPAU or not I do not know but it is working (and
the picture seems a lot better - hopefully fixes in MythTV) except
when I do an update it complains about a broken package.  It does
annoy me after all this time I now have a broken system however.

I guess its my own fault for not reading the full page on Avenards
site but I guess most people would assume it would just work.  A link
to the article saying there are problems in Ubuntu/Mythbuntu 9.10 next
to the details of the Ubuntu 9.10 repository details would have been
useful.  After all having to completely reinstall MythTV is not a
small problem especially if you are upgrading from an existing system.

If a complete reinstall of MythTV using Mythbuntu is simple and you
can retain all existing recordings and settings please reply with what
needs to be done?

TIA