[mythtv-users] Watching recordings: HD records Video stuttering for 1 channel only and not during LiveTV

julien trankkilou at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 00:06:39 UTC 2010

It's a very weird problem:

I have a nova-t PCI car into a core 2 duo 2.5 with 8400 GS card, running on latest  svn trunk mythtv and up to date gentoo.

Live TV works perfectly and video is smooth with Temporal 2X deinterlacing  when CPU is quiet idle (5% used). When I watch the channel named "TF1 HD" (1080i)  in live TV I no no problem but when watching the same thing (file so) in watching recording or in mythvideo with internal player (if I copy the file) I have the video not smooth, stuttering all the time, very annoying. If I watch this file with vlc it's perfect !

Of course I tried to watch the log , I start mythfrontend with -v playback -> nothing special. HD ring buffers have no impact.

I really don't understand because the others HD channels even on the same multiplex have no pb, and in live TV I have no problem neither

any idea ?

regards,

julien