[mythtv-users] Too many encoders showing up / upgrade from Ubuntu 9.10 to 9.04

Ben Edwards list4me2 at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 29 12:44:03 UTC 2010

Hi everybody, thanks for your help so far.

I have managed to get my mythbuntu 9.10 setup almost working.  The
problem I am facing is it seems to detected 3 tuners when I only have
2.  1 and 3 are correct but 2 is not.  If myth records sceduled
programs on 1 or 3 is works but when I go into live tv while recording
something it tries to use 2 and times out.  How can I delete the
eronius tuner (do I need to remove it from the database).  If I delete
it will having 1 and 3 cause a problem or do I need  to renumber 3 to
2.

I am also experience another problem whitch is not Myth related but
the solution does have a myth element.  In Mythbuntu 9.10 seems a bit
of a step backwards in many ways.  I have been using Ubuntu right from
the pre release version of Warty and every version has been better
than the last but with 9.10 sound (especialy on Intel chipsets) is
very broken.  I have had problems on 2 boxes and I know frends who are
also experiencing problems.  Youtube playback seems also to have
problems and suport for some usb mobile broadband devices is broken.

On my myth box alough sound in mythfrontend is OK (alough I had to use
a USB soundcard) I cant get it working when playing AVIs.  Ive tried
ALSA (and used alsamixer) and OSS (/dev/dsp1) with the USB soundcard.
 Again this only works in myth,  outside myth I can get intermitent
sound with the USB soundcard using alsa and OSS bit it is does not
work for long if at lall.

I am therefore considering doing the Ubuntu 9.10 to 9.04 upgrade that
people are doing;).   My question is is there mustch significant
difference between mythubuntu 9.04 and 9.10?

Regards,
Ben