[mythtv-users] problem with the new python bindings

freedenizen freedenizen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 00:16:53 UTC 2010

I'm having trouble with the new python bindings on both my FE and BE,
for example when running JAMU it now errors with:

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/MythTV/__init__.py:19: Warning:
'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py", line 472,
in <module>
    print u"\n! Warning - MythTV python bindings could not be
imported, error(%s)\n" % u''.join([u'%s ' % x for x in e.args])
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

It seems that the bindings aren't install correctly.  I get similar
errors on my FE.  The backend is running python 2.5.2, the frontend
2.5.4 any thoughts on what to look at?