[mythtv-users] mythtv with dlna devices like tv-sets

Corne Beerse cbeerse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 11:21:08 UTC 2010

Hello,

As a long time mythtv user (however a fresh maillist member) I was happy
to see my new TV set has a network connection and a dlna label. As I
found out, dlna has something to do with upnp what mythtv supplies.
Hence I hooked up my TV set and was happy to see the mythtv machine on
the network, so far so good. Just out of the box, it even went as far as
showing recordings, that is, as a directory listing or such. Even the
pictures I had inserted into the foto viewer in mythtv, show on tv.

Unfortunatly, there is no watching the recordings, the TV set came with
the error 'File Not Supported'. As far as I'm now, I think of reasons
for this:

    * The recording is published with a bad name and/or extention.
    * The recording is effectively in a bad format.

My recordings come from a pinacle pvr 500 analogue tv capture card that
makes it mpeg2. I have dumped some recordings raw from the mythtv
directories to an usb device. This was not accepted byt the tv-set
either. However, after changing the extention to 'mpg', the recording sowed.

Hence my question: Can I change the extention of the recording to 'mpg'
using mythtv in such a way that mythtv also publishes this name on the
network?

Thanks

Corné