[mythtv-users] Air Video - iPhone Media Streamer

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Wed Jan 27 17:24:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-23 at 10:26 +0000, Dave Pearson wrote:
> I've recently discovered the Air Video media streaming app for the
> iPhone. It works with a UPnP Server and an iPhone client (The demo
> client version is free, but will only show 3 randomly selected videos in
> each shared folder, and the full client is £1.79, there is no charge for
> the Air Video server.

I've been using Air Video for viewing movies for a while. I finally got
around to playing with it for MythTV content a few days ago. It appears
to have potential.

I'm running the server on OS X. My MythTV content is mounted on my Linux
Myth box via the FUSE MythTVfs application and then exported via NFS to
the OS X host. This gives me a somewhat sane listing of shows in the Air
Video app. It'd be nice if I could create a directory hierarchy (e.g.
title\subtitle - date.mpg) within the FUSE mount, but I'm not sure
that's possible and haven't really looked into it. I'm also seeing
occasionally heavy CPU usage from MythTVfs. However, overall, it's
working and usable.

Joe