[mythtv-users] Air Video - iPhone Media Streamer

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sat Jan 23 10:26:45 UTC 2010

I've recently discovered the Air Video media streaming app for the
iPhone. It works with a UPnP Server and an iPhone client (The demo
client version is free, but will only show 3 randomly selected videos in
each shared folder, and the full client is £1.79, there is no charge for
the Air Video server.

Unfortunately the Server software is only available for Windows or OS/X
and I don't run Windows or OS/X computers. For the moment I am running
the Server Software in a VirtalBox Windows session, but I would really
like to be able to run it in wine, unfortunately the (Windows) Java
Virtual Machine crashes everytime I try to access a video when I run it
under wine.

Has anyone else tried this software under wine and succeeded in getting
it working?

For those who would like to try it, you can get the Server Software from
here:- http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/index.html and the client from
the iPhone App Store (no need to jailbreak your phone).

Regards,
Dave.