[mythtv-users] WARNING: ***Pulse Audio is running!!!!***

steve networks1 at cox.net
Wed Jan 27 17:19:45 UTC 2010

>Can someone please explain the significance of the following warning
>and what if anything I need to do to fix it?
>	2010-01-27 11:34:00.285 WARNING:
>	2010-01-27 11:34:00.285 WARNING: ***Pulse Audio is running!!!!***
>	2010-01-27 11:34:00.285 WARNING:
>	2010-01-27 11:34:00.285 WARNING: You have told MythTV to ignore it.
>	2010-01-27 11:34:00.285 WARNING:

>Note sound is *working* fine - I just don't understand the warning...

Well that doesn't make any sense, does it?  The environment setting
supposedly tells MythTV not to ignore it.

I just spent a LONG time debugging sound problems.  There is a lot of
confusion out there about whether Pulseaudio does or doesn't work with
MythTV.  I would just be happy you are getting sound.

You could try taking that "EXPERIMENTALLY..." setting out of your .profile
or .bashrc and setting the output device to ALSA:front and the mixer to
Master.  That's what got things working for me.  I have it on authority from
people on the Pulseaudio list that using those output settings will insure
that Pulseaudio is not being used.