[mythtv-users] Acer Aspire Revo R3610 as a backend

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 13:46:21 UTC 2010

In article <FB7D596A-E3BA-4781-BF16-608A87C1CF94 at gmail.com>, Greg Cope
wrote:
> One thing that is important is to have more than one disk to avoid
> canning a single disk.

I could put some stuff onto my 2.7TB server, but that'll be over
samba/nfs. Maybe eSata is better.

> That would not be a problem for a be.

Yes, R3600s for few.

> Can see a problem with your plan bar finding enough to record that much.

Well, quite! Not sure how well live TV will work. Hopefully, it will share
the tuners, but I'm not sure. Having a tuner per mux should removing a lot
of the tuning delay.

> Where are you getting a Linux only r3610?  I can not seem to find any.

ebay from Taiwan. Fingers crossed!

I still have the sneaky feeling that I ought to splash the cash for a
proper be machine, but it's finding something low power enough.

Ian