[mythtv-users] Aspect ratio and "Video frame buffering failed too many times"

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 10:04:30 UTC 2010

2010/1/25 Chris Dennis <cgdennis at btinternet.com>:
>> I can supply more details and logs as required.
>
> Update: I've discovered that if I'm watching the 4:3 programme in 'Full'
> zoom mode, which almost fills the screen but loses the top and bottom of the
> picture, I can fast-forward through aspect-ratio switches, and even do
> advert skipping, without it crashing.
>
> Which is nice, but not ideal.

Chris

I meant to respond when you first posted - but better late than never!

I'd be grateful if you could create a ticket on trac describing the
problem, your setup and attach the output of mythfrontend -v playback.
It would be particularly helpful if you could also upload a clip
somewhere that includes one or two aspect ratio switches that trigger
the problem.

thanks and regards

Mark