[mythtv-users] Upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10 disasters - please help; (

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 25 03:00:45 UTC 2010

On 01/24/2010 05:50 PM, Ben Edwards wrote:
> I recently upgraded my Ubuntu box that runs myth from 9.04 to 9.10, A lot of
> things not don't work. Changing from the default (hideous)

This /really/ motivates me to help you.  You should realize that someone
who has spent a huge portion of his free time over the last few years
working on Myth built that theme.  It may not be your preferred theme
and you may be a little frustrated, but please remember that although
MythTV didn't cost you a thing (not even a moment of your time making
it), some people have put their heart and soul (and a /lot/ of time)
into making it (and, no, time you spend setting it up doesn't count
because that doesn't help anyone else/is only for your gain and is only
required because you chose to use Myth rather than buy a TiVo or rent a
cable-/satellite-company DVR).

>  theme does not
> work

Because you have specified a broken theme, you need to start
mythfrontend, change the theme /to a valid theme/, exit mythfrontend,
then start mythfrontend.

Best way to do this is to get rid of all the 0.21-fixes garbage
(including old, broken themes)...

Mike