[mythtv-users] Segmentation Fault during mythweather

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 25 02:50:35 UTC 2010

On 01/24/2010 11:31 AM, Marius Schrecker wrote:
>>> cat<<  "EOF" | mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg
>>> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS weathersourcesettings;
>>> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS weatherscreens;
>>> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS weatherdatalayout;
>>> DELETE FROM settings WHERE value = 'WeatherDBSchemaVer';
>>> EOF
>>>
> I perhaps stupidly followed this advice as mythweather hasn't really worked for me since installing 0.22.
>
> I'm stuck now without the tables.
>
> Earlier advice suggested adjusting the version number of the WeatherDBSchemaVer row in the settings table, to let the mythweather plugin recreate the tables. Unfortunately, this row no longer exists.
>  Can anyone say how I recreate the mythweather tables?
>
>  My original problem was that the BBC parser only seems to find up to the letter B of Norwegian place names.
>
> Cheers!

Restart mythfrontend--or better, restart all of Myth (including the
master backend).

If you still don't get the tables back, that means that your MySQL
server is configured to disable the InnoDB storage engine.  Some distros
do this because it saves 40MB of RAM (or so).  Yes, that's /mega/
bytes...  Like 40 million.  Obviously worth making users have to figure
this out to save /that/ many bytes.  Agreed?

Mike