[mythtv-users] VDPAU Error: DISPLAY PRE-EMPTED. Aborting playback.

Frank Merrill fmerrill1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 22:16:43 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Christian Szpilfogel
<chrisznews4 at rogers.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this error and found a solution? It only seems to
> happen on my Nvidia 8400GS with GPU G98 and 512MB; my 9300's have no issue.
>
> I've tried a variety of nvidia drivers and I'm running myth version 23247
>
> It seems to happen with videos player in 480i encoded with H.264 or simple
> mpeg2 videos. Both of these only with VDPAU.

So, only this 8400GS card, and only when using VDPAU..  Are you sure
you don't have any heat issues with that card?
With VDPAU the GPU would of course be working much harder, and getting hotter.
I'm guessing if you played the same files in mplayer using VDPAU it
would also occur there.

Frank