[mythtv-users] Mythtv/liveTV fades to grey....

Mark Weil mark at martialfit.net
Fri Jan 22 19:10:19 UTC 2010

'the fade' coupled with the fact that you can't do anything sounds like
another window has popped up and is trying to steal the focus, but can't.
System Update will do that seemingly randomly if you haven't disabled it.
Next time it happens try an Alt+Tab and see if you can bring that window
into the foreground. If it is system update, there's a 'Settings' button on
there that will allow you to set the frequency of checks or disable it.
-m