[mythtv-users] HDPVR blaster setup final steps

John Lundell jdlundell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 19:44:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> > Also if
> > the HDPVR locks up, how do I “fully reset” it?  Just cycle the power?
>
> Not sure if cycling power on the HD PVR is enough, you may have to
> reboot the box its hooked to as well.

For me, I was able to just unload and load the hdpvr module to have it work
again, a reboot was not necessary.

In my setup, the lock up happened far too often to make this usable so I had
to go back to my old hand built serial blaster which I had to rewire to work
with a serial header since my new motherboard does not have a serial port.

John