[mythtv-users] Aspect ratio and "Video frame buffering failed too many times"

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 18 16:32:22 UTC 2010

Hello MythTV people

Since upgrading to 0.22, I've had problems viewing certain recordings.

When watching a recording of, for example, "Family Guy" or old episodes
of "A Touch of Frost", which are in 4:3 format, there is a switch from
16:9 to 4:3 at the start of the program and back again at every advert
break.  When fast-forwarding or jumping through such a switch, the
display freezes, and eventually returns to the menu with the message
"Video frame buffering failed too many times".

The frontend in question uses MythCenter (Widescreen) theme on a
1360x768 LCD TV via VGA.  It's running MythBuntu 9.10, with 0.22-fixes,
on an EPIA-M6000G motherboard.  Exactly the same problem occurs when the
same frontend is running MiniMyth 0.22-73b3 via PXEBOOT.

Other frontends (running on 'proper' computers rather than the EPIA
board) have no such problems.

The backend is running MythBuntu 9.10 with 0.22-fixes.

I can supply more details and logs as required.

Any ideas?

cheers

Chris
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com