[mythtv-users] Diskless frontend - NFS options?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 14:07:27 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Brandon Penglase
<da5id2001 at spaceservices.net> wrote:
> I have two frontends that netboot via gPXE, and actually load the
> kernel over http, then filesystem on NFS. Here is the file that resides
> on the webserver to tell the frontends what to load (think the pxelinux
> config file):
>
> #!gpxe
> kernel http://10.0.3.2/bzImage-2631Z9-AXP-1 ip=dhcp root=/dev/nfs \
> nfsroot=10.0.3.2:/nfsroot/fe2,nfsvers=3,tcp,hard,intr,nolock vga=0x315 \
> splash=silent,theme:MythTV quiet console=tty1
> initrd http://10.0.3.2/fe1-initrd.img
> boot

Thanks, that helped me get to a PXE boot setup where the NFS root uses
TCP.  Unfortunately, it turns out to make no difference -- after
rebooting the NFS server, the frontend root file system is gone and
doesn't come back until the frontend is rebooted.  I wonder if the
same thing happens on your system when the NFS server goes down and
comes back?

Jim