[mythtv-users] major regressions in 0.22

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 18:08:21 UTC 2010

> While that is certainly good advice on the face of it, I don't think Ubuntu users (such as myself) have the option to do that while using Ubuntu-provided packages.
>
> The reason being that mythtv 0.22 isn't provided on Ubuntu versions earlier than 9.10, and mythtv 0.21 is no longer provided on Ubuntu 9.10.
>
> So anyone running mythtv on Ubuntu who needs to migrate to 9.10 is forced to combine the distro upgrade with the mythtv upgrade.
>
> If I've got that wrong I'd certainly be interested in the details, because I'm going to have to go through this myself before April.

That is one of the reasons you shouldn't limit yourself to the
packages in the standard Ubuntu repositories. You will be better off
using the Mythbuntu repositories. That way you can have whatever
combination of .21/.22 with 9.04/9.10 you want. Also the packages in
the standard repositories are usually very out of date. They don't
have all of the fixes that have been added to the x-fixes branch. I
highly recommend you switch to using the mythbuntu daily builds
repository to get the last from the fixes branch:
http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds.