[mythtv-users] ATrpms for Myth but RPMFusion for nvidia

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 00:43:24 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 6:58 PM, steve <networks1 at cox.net> wrote:
> I was having trouble getting my nvidia drivers installed, and some helpful
> support pages I found recommended using the drivers from RPMFusion.  I’ve
> now got those installed and working.  However, consensus seems to be that I
> should use ATrpms for the Myth setup.  I know it’s  a bad idea to have both
> repositories enabled, so I’m wondering what I should do about this.  Should
> I (a) go ahead and install Myth from RPM Fusion, or (b) disable RPM Fusion
> and install Myth from ATrpms?  If I do (b) then am I going to run into
> problems with future updates of the nvidia drivers?

I think I'd agree with the general consensus that mixing the two repos
is not a good idea.  I can't speak for the RPMFusion packages, but I'm
using both Myth and NVidia packages from ATrpms without any problems.

What issues were you having with the NVidia packages from ATrpms?  If
you haven't done so already you may want to post over on the ATrpms
list.  Axel and others on that list can be very helpful.

John