[mythtv-users] SiliconDust to Announce CableCard Product at CES [RUMOR]

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Jan 7 15:55:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> That said, I don't think I'm particularly interested in
> running Win7 in a VM on my backend system.

Me neither, but it may be possible to interact with this box without
it.  Sillicon Dust may be focusing on W7 for the initial release and
provide at least limited Linux support at a later date.

If I were them, I would engineer it with a network protocol which was
not wholely unlike the existing HDHRs, so adding linux support would
really be just tweaking the existing HDHR support.

Eric