[mythtv-users] FF h.264 files using Internal Player

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Jan 5 19:23:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Taylor Ralph <tralph11 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> If you are willing to compile then you can try a patch that improves libavf seeking when using the Internal player.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but it's sort of related.
I gave these patches a try on my 0.22 system. They  definitely seem to
improve seeking on mkv files (a bit smoother, and the audio doesn't
keep playing while fast forwarding). However, another issue I'm having
is that after skipping back in an mkv, the video is somewhat jerky and
out of sync with audio (audio plays smooth, though). This file is a
DVD that I've transcoded to h264 in handbrake. If I leave all the
settings alone and simply switch handbrake to generate a m4v file,
that plays perfectly in myth. However, I'd prefer the MKV files if I
can get them working good (so I can keep DTS audio for movies that
have it). Any idea what causes this and if there's a setting or patch
that can help?

--
Ron