[mythtv-users] 0.22 annoyances

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 01:36:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2010/1/5 ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com>:
>> Yeechang did you recently take a survey of ALL mythtv users?  Please
>> give us the results so that we can all know how "most people" think
>> and what hardware "most people" have.  Ohh you don't actually know
>> what you are talking about?  Then please stop speaking for "most
>> people".
>
> Don't you think most people would use MythTV with a remote control ?
>
> I certainly think so, and definitely for most people posting on this
> distribution list...

Yes, I think most people use a remote control with mythfrontend.  I
can not state it as a fact though.  Also before .22 was released I
thought most people had correctly mapped all the required buttons
(including the 'info' button) on to that remote control.  Like I said
before I have always had the 'info' button on my remote because the
instructions I followed said to map that button and I had one
available.

I guess I just have more then the average number of buttons on my
remote?  I don't know.  But what I do know is, after seeing the
response from .22, I should not automatically assume that my personal
experience is everybody's or even most people's experience.

-Ryan