[mythtv-users] Bob's Huge List of Questions [Was: 0.22 annoyances]

Charles Wright cpwright at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 03:30:55 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:
>> My experience indicates MythTV is simply way too fragile and complex (too
>> big a time sink) to be treated as "just another Linux app" in a dynamic
>> environment, meaning I should either consider other DVR software, or try to
>> get a pre-configured box from a company that uses MythTV experts.
>
> The trick is to get it right and then leave it alone. It's definitely
> easier to get going on a dedicated machine.
+1

>> - DVD/CD player
>
> Myth makes a wonderful DVD player, but at the moment, pending
> revisions to MythMusic, a terrible CD player.
I would say that 0.22 makes an OK DVD player, the developers have much
improved it over 0.21.  There are enough discs that don't play or have
strange behavior, but work fine in my DVD player that I still want to
have a DVD player around.  I do try to play most discs in Myth, and
most work; but most isn't really good enough.

Charles