[mythtv-users] OT: Weak signal with 'TwinHan AzureWave AD-TU700(704J)' tuner?

Simon Jones sijones_uk at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 2 21:03:25 UTC 2010

>Simon, many thanks for that. This explains it then!
>I won't order another one then :)

>I shall look for another dual usb tuner I think. Any suggestions?

I personally have moved away from USB tuners due to not knowing what's compatible with linux and all that (really can't be bothered), I had a terratec cinergy 2400 dt, dual card that wasn't supported but a little bit ago a driver popped up on another site, so I have modified it and managed to get it working with the latest v4l tree so am using that now.

I think there are some good usb tuners but I have also seen some issues with USB disconnects on certain motherboards and this having knock on effects etc, that's why i have moved away from them.

Am sure others can recommend something tho.... I hope!!

Regards,

Si